04 May GDPR -General Data Protection Regulation
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on 25 May 2018, superseding the Data Protection Act 1998.
Organisations will no longer be at liberty to contact people on their mailing list with circulars, appeals or general information, without their explicit consent.
To see the parish Privacy notice click here PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are already on St Andrew’s & St Mark’s database:
- please complete a new consent form, available either at church after Sunday services or by downloading the consent form below returning it to the parish office.
- you will be asked to confirm whether or not you wish us to continue to hold your details and to use them to send you information;
- if you choose to remain, you will be able to correct or update it yourself at any time.
If you are not already on our database and would like to receive information from us please complete a CONSENTFORM returning it to the parish office at St Mark’s church, St Mark’s Hill, Surbiton, KT6 4LS.
A summary of the notice is:
- we understand that it is very important that we protect the privacy of your information and we will store it securely;
- we will only use the data for the church’s administrative needs, including claiming Gift Aid on donations, and to contact you about church activities;
- we will not supply your data to anyone else (unless legally obliged to do so);
- we will not hold the data longer than is needed to enable us to fulfil these purposes.
- You have the right to see the data we hold on you, to correct errors, to have it deleted from our records and to complain to the authorities if you believe it is being misused.